Needs assessment and service coordination
The primary point of contact for services for older adults is Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC). NASC services cover help to stay at home, support services for carers and entry into residential care. They can also link with other District Health Board (DHB) services and community based agencies.
The NASC contact for Lakes District is Lakes Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination
Area includes: Rotorua, Kinlock, Ngongotaha, Reporoa, Taupo, Turangi.
Website: www.lakesdhb.govt.nz(external link)
Phone: 07 343 1030 ext 5230
Address: 2 Ranolf Street, Victoria, Rotorua 3010
Other useful contacts
- Meals on Wheels: Rotorua 07 349 7959. Taupo 07 376 1000 ext 5968.
- Other meal providers: EAT 0800 328 333 or see www.eat.co.nz (external link)
- District Nursing: Rotorua 07 349 7940. Taupo 07 376 1008.
- Information on the Lakes District Nursing service(external link).
- Shuttle services: Lakes DHB Transport Services(external link) - for Lakes District Health Board patients needing transport to attend out of town health-related appointments. The service is available in Rotorua, Taupo and Turangi for people who meet criteria for National Travel Assistance.
- St Johns Health Shuttle(external link) - volunteer driver service for patients attending doctor visits, dental appointments, specialist appointments, hospital day-stays for minor surgery and any other health appointments 0800 000 606.
- Local health and disability advocates 07 349 0182 or 0800 555 050.