Needs assessment and service coordination
The primary point of contact for services for older adults is Needs Assessment and Service
Coordination (NASC). NASC services cover help to stay at home, support services for carers and entry into residential care. They can also link with other District Health Board (DHB) services and community based agencies.
The NASC contact for Taranaki is Community Support Service, Taranaki DHB
Area includes: New Plymouth, Hawera, Eltham, Inglewood, Mokau, Opunake, Waitara, Waverley.
Website: www.tdhb.org.nz(external link)
Phone: 06 759 7214 or 0800 823 443
Address: Taranaki Base Hospital, David Street, New Plymouth 4310.
Other useful contacts
- Meals on Wheels: 06 753 6139 ext 7665.
- Other areas: Opunake Cottage Rest Home, covers Opunake area, 06 761 8009. Trinity Rest Home, covers Hawera area, 06 278 4189. Maryann Rest Home, covers Stratford area, 06 765 7551.
- Other meal providers: Maida Vale Rest Home provide meals on wheels for Bell Block area 06 755 0558. Kohatu Rest Home covers Waitara area 06 754 6621. Marinoto Home, Inglewood area, 06 756 7170. EAT, frozen meals, delivered to door, 0800 328 333 or see website(external link).
- District Nursing: 06 753 7797.
- Information on transport and parking(external link), including shuttle services