Needs assessment and service coordination
The primary point of contact for services for older adults is Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC). NASC services cover help to stay at home, support services for carers and entry into residential care. They can also link with other District Health Board (DHB) services and community based agencies.
The NASC contact for Hawke's Bay DHB is NASC Hawke's Bay
Area includes: Napier, Hastings, Porangahau, Takapau, Waipukarau, Waipawa, Wairoa.
Website: www.ourhealthhb.nz(external link)
Phone: 06 870 7485 or 0800 339 449
Address: Puawananga Building, Gate 9, McLeod Street, Hastings
Other useful contacts
Meals on Wheels
- Napier/ Hastings, 06 834 1836.
- Central Hawkes Bay, please contact the district nurse. The eligibility criteria are available on request. For more information phone 06 858 9090.
- Wairoa, contact team secretary, Wairoa Hospital and Health Centre The eligibility criteria are available on request. Phone 06 838 7099.
Other meal providers
The district nursing service is accessed via the hospital 06 878 8109.
- Information on buses to Hawkes Bay Hospital(external link)
- Monique Driving You 0800 11 55 99 or see website(external link).
- Driving Miss Daisy: Hastings, 06 878 5029, Havelock North 06 877 8476, Napier 06 844 0620.
- Combined Taxi provide Total Mobility Taxi 06 835 7777.
- Bruno's Mobility Services Ltd 06 843 8478 or 027 255 3203.